- Mask are required for all elections staff and voters while at the Satellite Elections Office at the BJC.
- Social distancing floor markers are spaced throughout the BJC.
- Automatic hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the BJC.
- Each voter receives their own pen (to keep) to complete their balloting materials.
- Each voting booth or table has q-tips and sponges to seal envelopes (no need for voters to remove their masks).
- Each booth and table are disinfected after each use.
Vote Early at Satellite Elections Office
The Centre County Board of Elections has designated the Bryce Jordan Center as a Satellite Elections Office for voters registered in Centre County to request and return in-person a mail-in or absentee ballot.
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT TO
VOTE EARLY IN-PERSON BY MAIL-IN BALLOT AT THE BJC
Scheduling appointments helps to improve social-distancing and safety for voters and election staff due to COVID-19.
Photos of Satellite Elections Office at the BJC
Dates & Hours of Operation
|Wednesday, October 21||10:00 A.M.||4:00 P.M.|
|Thursday, October 22||10:00 A.M.||7:00 P.M.|
|Friday, October 23||10:00 A.M.||7:00 P.M.|
|Saturday, October 24||10:00 A.M.||7:00 P.M.|
Dates and Hours subject to change
Who can vote early at the Satellite Elections Office?
Only citizens registered to vote at an address in Centre County can apply for a mail-in or absentee ballot in-person at the Satellite Elections Office at the Bryce Jordan Center. Check to see if you’re registered to vote in Centre County by clicking here.
The Satellite Elections Office can only receive ballot given to voters while they are at the site. If you received a mail-in ballot or absentee ballot via the USPS, please return your ballot:
- By secure ballot drop box
- By mail
- In-person at the main entrance of the Willowbank Office Building in Bellefonte
Parking & Entry
Voters will enter the Satellite Elections Office through Gate A of the BJC. Temporary free parking is available in front of the BJC Ticket Office as well as in the Guest and ADA Lot in front of Gate B. Map of entry and parking options are below.
What can I expect at the Satellite Elections Office?
Voters registered in Centre County can have their completed application for mail-in or absentee ballot processed in-person at the Satellite Elections Office at the Bryce Jordan Center
After their application is processed at the counter, they will receive a packet containing:
- a ballot,
- a secrecy envelope,
- a return envelope, and
- an instructions sheet.
While the voter is still at the BJC, they can:
- mark their ballot
- place it into the secrecy envelope and seal
- place the secrecy envelope containing the ballot into the return envelope and seal
- complete the voter’s declaration
- then give it back to an election worker
The Election worker will then put the returned ballot packet into a secure container that will be transported back to the Centre County Elections Office at the Willowbank Building.
Voters can also opt to take their ballot packet with them and return the ballot via the mail, secure ballot drop box, or to the main entrance of the Willowbank Building.
The deadline for returning a vote-by-mail ballot is 8PM on Tuesday, November 3.
Can I register to vote at the Satellite Elections Office?
We can give you a voter registration form to fill out however we won’t be able to process there “on the spot”. The form will be processed by our Main Election Office.
You can register to vote online by clicking here.